Under the theme of “Digital Inclusion”, we return to you introducing our third edition of GREAT, through which we will highlight the latest topics in the field of ICT accessibility in Arabic.
Due to the current circumstances resulting from the Coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19), we had to deliver GREAT differently and innovatively – GREAT Talks. Just because you can’t travel doesn’t mean that you can’t attend our virtual accessible event!
GREAT Talks 2020 will feature several discussions that will highlight the most prominent initiatives and achievements in support of persons with disabilities and the elderly in the Arab world. All talks will fall under five areas, including inclusive digital education, culture, and inclusive digital society, in addition to the latest trends of digital access and innovation in ICT access solutions in the Arabic language, as well as the first of its kind specialized research projects for persons with disabilities.
Inclusive Digital Education
- Digital inclusive curriculums
- Latest on Arabic educational innovation
- Current crisis impact on online learning
- Use of Assistive Technology (AT) in education
Inclusive Digital Culture and Community
- Policy related to digital inclusion
- Creating accessible entertainment and cultural platforms.
- Best practices for providing electronic resources for people with disabilities
Innovation in Arabic ICT Accessibility Solutions
- Enablers for innovation in Arabic ICT Accessibility
- Mada Innovation Program: an ecosystem to support entrepreneurs and innovators
ICT Accessibility Research
- Unified Arabic Braille
- Arabic sign language
- ICT Accessibility research to strengthen localized assistive technology in the Arab region
- Websites and mobile applications accessibility
- E-kiosk accessibility
- Best practices and latest trends in developing accessible digital platforms